Background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Smiling Heart

I didn't even know a heart could smile. My heart gushed with love the moment he was born even more than it already had for my husband, family, and friends. However, I'm not sure it's ever smiled like it did this morning.

I wish my eyes had a camera. I know some developmental websites say that he should be cooing and giving more facial expressions including smiles at this stage, but it's not been terribly common as of yet. This morning, as Mike and I got him dressed and ready to go through our morning practicing our new routine that will officially start when I go back to work next Friday, we got one: A BIG ONE!

Alas, I have no doubt I will spend many of his next waking hours trying to replicate it to no avail. Well, it may be replicated but will undoubtedly not happen when there's actually a camera in my hands to capture the moment. If only my eyes had a camera to capture the smile that crosses his face and spreads across my heart. . . If only! Once we get one on film, I'll be sure to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment