Background

Monday, August 29, 2011

32 Weeks

We've already gotten to 32 weeks. It's become a point at which I think I've popped! :)




We're now at appointments every two weeks. With eight weeks left to go, we're frequently told about how much sooner others have gone. When thinking we've got 8 weeks left, that seems soon. But, when reminded of those we know who delivered at 34, 35, 37 weeks and so one. . . that timeline seems less definite. I guess I'm glad to make the two weeks appointments and actually excited to get to weekly appointments just to know our time is going to a more "expected" date. We're excited for him to get here but I'd be pretty nervous if he's too early for his sake, Mike's, and my own. Have I mentioned we don't have our childbirth class until September 17th?


Though we're getting closer and closer with the nursery, there are a few essentials we're hoping to acquire before his arrival! Go figure the crib actually needs a mattress, eh? Our biggest project that's admittedly lasted all summer due to my waning energy levels is finally done though thanks to some project wrap-up efforts with hubby's assistance. Check it out. I think he'll like it (when he's old enough to care)!


Yes-this was a freebie! I probably spent about $15 on spray paint and primer. We had the stain and polyurethane on hand. Mostly, it just took time and energy which was harder to come by. Mike was a little nervous about its appearance when I brought it home in the back of his truck on a rainy Saturday morning and I didn't calm his nerves any when I said it was going to be red. Even after getting in the room, I asked "What do you think? Does it go?" His response, "Well, no. It's a red dresser in a green and brown nursery". "It's called an accent color. I don't want everything in the room one color." He looks around a bit more and finds a red pillow, some red in the mobile, red vintage trikes, trucks, & toys. . . "I get it. I guess it goes better than I thought. You make it work." He did love the way the dresser turned out and was surprised at that. I guess he'll only be wowed when the whole thing is together and I'll debut the final nursery as a whole between now and baby's arrival!

This will serve as changing station in addition to clothing and other storage. If you're wondering how safe it is to use a dresser as a changing table, I am too, so here's where I found my plan and got the idea to use two snap screws: younghouselove. I'm sure we'll make it work safely! As the second dresser in the nursery, I'm hoping we'll have enough storage for all the clothes I've been collecting. I think he'll be dressed for the first six months just with what I've acquired already. Of course, I have no idea how many clothes he'll actually go through or if "6 months" on a tag will fit him at 4 months or 8 but we'll be learning very soon! I can't wait to dress the little guy. I already did an iron-on project on a onesie for his debut I can't wait to share. (Well, I really can wait and hope he does wait at least a few more weeks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment