Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

DIY: Tummy Time Book

Foam Board: $2
2 Sheets scrapbook paper in a bundle pack from Walmart: 30 cents
Color pictures printed and cut out: free
Packaging tape: On hand but we'll say a nickel

So, for just a few bucks, I made a folding book to wrap around Buddy Man for tummy time. And I used artwork from one of my favorite kiddie authors: Eric Carle.

You'll usually see something like this as a "bumper book" but that would require that it's safely made of fabric to be placed in his crib and I'm still not able to sew! Instead, I cut foam board into 8 6x6 squares, laid them out 1/2" apart and placed clear packaging tape on front and back over the gap of each making flexible, foldable creases. Then, I took spray glue and covered each square with the same size of scrapbook paper before gluing on the printed pics. It can be stored easily as it folds like any other accordian style book. It spreads to go nearly all the way around him with colorful and visually-stimulating images.

Now, if he only actually enjoyed tummy time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment