Background

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Toy Room Inspirations

I'm hoping a Dr. Suess theme will last a while. Maybe even until he's school-aged. I'm really hoping because I know I'll spend countless hours on decorating his toy room (not to mention the money). Some starter projects are pictured here as "befores". Hobby Lobby shopping and cheap Dollar Tree finds are getting me started while I put off actually painting (kind of essential, I know)!

$1 tin "planters" to be revamped with $2 worth of scrapbook paper using the paper cutter and spray glue. The lass schedule was $1 at Dollar Tree and I am not sure what I'm going to use it for yet but it's clearly Suessical!

These letters will be painted white, then have red stripes added, and be finished with a big black permanent marker adding whimsical creases to look like Dr. Suess' hat!

I snagged this crib rail off of an old crib that was being tossed at a local furniture store. I asked the warehouse manager if I could have it and he said sure. He was really curious what I was going to do with it. I told him I wasn't sure but it would be something better than pitching it. Now, I can't wait to use it!

How Suessical are these? They were "Christmas" items at Dollar Tree so I got them half-off for just 50 cents each!                   I grabbed these two to dress up the playroom and a few more for his first birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment