Background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Little Man's Birthday Continued: Decor & Games

1) Birthday Tree
What kid wouldn't love to have their own birthday tree? I love my skinny prim Christmas tree and it doesn't tak eup much room and has lights pre-strung so it's not a huge hassle. It's only a month early to put the tree up in October so. . . why not?!?! I deocrated the tree for around $10. I got the wooden number 1 at Hobby Lobby 1/2 off for $3.50 and another 1/2-off purchase was the big aqua bow it's hanging on. The rest was a $1 clearance purchase for the aqua stringy paper and another $3 for 3 6-packs of aqua bottle caps with white polka dots that I just taped white ribbon on and hung. This left room for birthday cards to be displayed and he had fun looking at the twinkling lights in teh evenings leading up to the big shabang!

2) Pin the Mustache on Garrett
I really got magnets; set of 6 for $7 and printed an 11 x 17 and laminated it. No one actually played this. I put it down at kid-level but they were all more interested in eating or opening G's presents for him!

3) The Photo Booth
I already had this blanket to use as a backdrop. It's Mommy's blankey. Have you ever felt a THRO brand blanket? I got Garrett one and then sought one out for myself. Ahhhmazing! Then, I painted an open frame with some leftover paint I had from a mis-tint I bought at Lowe's a few months ago. So, the whole cost was maybe $5 I guess. And we didn't get as many pictures as I'd hope but they were all good ones:
4) Name that Stache
This was fun and easy and I only spent $2 on the poster board which I had previously used for another project so it was almost free in that regard. As you can see, I printed out the mustaches of some well-known men, added some clues, and then numbered them and left out cards for guessing. A few people took the time to fill them out but it was mostly a conversation piece. I was happy with that because it got people talking that otherwise may have sat in silence or conversed about nothing more than the weather. . .

5) The favor station
Everyone got a mustache tattoo for their finger. However, many kids put them right on their lip! It was kind of a messy favor since their was water involved in the application but still fun. I handed out a few of the leftovers for Halloween trick-or-treaters and they thought they were pretty sweet. I still have over a hundred left. . . any ideas?

Below shows you the cakes. I already did a tutorial on the bow tie cake and the mustache cake was even easier (though neither were perfect)! Here, you can see the menu, food labels, 12-month photo display and the streaming video playing of his 1-year photo shots! So much time and energy. . . he's going to kave to skip his second birthday at this rate! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment