Background

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Recipes to Share: Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups

This was another one of those times where I just needed to get something in for dinner. I had pre-cooked half a dozen chicken breasts over the weekend to use for weekday dinner fixes to make my life easier with quicker dinner prep. Of course this was pinterest-inspired but I never follow directions. That would mean I would have to go out and buy ingredients I don't already have from the 10-ingredient recipes I find. NOT QUICK.

Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups

Lasagna noodles, boiled to al dente (a whole box to make sure you get a dozen useful ones)
Italian Cheese and Herb Philly Cooking Creme (1/2 the tub is all so 5 oz)
15 oz ricotta (reduced fat if you're like that. . . I am)
2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
8 oz shredded parmesan (split in half)
Italian spices to taste
1 jar alfredo (you can make your own but the cost and gut rot of heavy whipping cream aren't for me)

Preheat oven to 350.

Lay cooked noodles out on parchment paper.

Mix chicken, ricotta, philly cream and half of your shredded parmesan in a bowl. Sprinkle in some other spices to taste. I used Mrs. Dash garlic herb seasoning and omse garlic powder. I wanted desparately to also mix in some chopped veggie but I knew the hubs would scoff!

Spread the chicken cheese mixture on to the noodles and roll.

Place in a lasagna pan and cover with alfredo and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. (I actually baked 6 in an 8x8 and froze the other 6 for an even quicker dinner option later.)

Bake for 30 minutes until heated through and serve with veggies and rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment