Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bearing Fruit: My Power Source

For the past two weeks, I've heard numerous radio clips regarding the difficulty surrounding New Year's resolutions. Not very often in the past have I taken my own too seriously. This year, I've tried to stay focused on my resolution to bear fruit and be abundantly productive in all aspects of life. In the first ten days of the year, I received a clear message that this is, in fact, the resoultion I was meant to take on and the one that will reap benefits for myself and those around me.

At my church on Sunday, the first few minutes of the service mentioned the exact phrase: "bear fruit" and my ears perked listening even more intently than before. The teacher said that we can only bear fruit if plugged into the power source. So, referring to my original mango tree example from my previous post, the power source would be water mixed with fertile soil and appropriate climate and conditions. For me, the power source is God. To attend the second church service of the year and feel like the teacher was speaking directly to me was surreal. While I would have been able to tell you before that my power source is God, it takes on even stronger meaning when on this mission this year. Thus, I looked for the verse that would directly support my 2011 mission:

John 10:10: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. ~words of Jesus

Knowing that I am plugged into the ultimate power source encourages me as I take on the challenge to identify ways in which I already live an abundat life and ways in which I can live more abundantly. This encouragement is further enhanced when reminded that this is the exact intent God had for sending us his son. I hope, moving forward on my mission to be abundantly productive in my relationships, all of you who surround me may be positively impacted on my journey through the next year. I hope that your own New Year's resultions are proving fruitful thus far as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment