Background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Master Bedroom Update: After Renovation but Before Decoration

Yes, I'm still on updates versus reveals, BUT this one is kind of a reveal. It's a reveal of the "naked pics" of the bedroom. All the reno is done (except a couple small projects) so it's time to decorate and move in! I'm not looking forward to the anguish in Mike's eyes (or that which flies out of his mouth) when I have him putting a dozen holes in these brand new walls!

I lost sleep last night placing things on the walls and dressers in my mind. You would too if you had all of this chaos for the past 4 months waiting for its home:

And that's not the half of it. There's more piled up throughout the house plus our clothes are currently in three different rooms on two different levels. Add that disarray to the actual mess and I'm ready to get things back in order! I've been helping from time to time (not as much as the beginning and now the very end) and cleaning up as I go. Needless to say, Mike cannot find a thing when he needs it. "I left it right here in the closet". . . or "right here on the floor in the corner". Well, I cleaned out the closets and swept and steamed the floors. Woops! Now, it takes 20 minutes for him to find what he's after just to get a small finishing project started! Sorry, Hun!

Oh, but the rewards will be here before we know it! As a teaser, I've shown you some of my thrifty finds in past posts and pictured a few more in the messy photos above. As even more of a teaser, here are shots of our "naked room" after renovation but before decoration. I did give it a little frill to cover its private parts before posting! :)

 
A view from the entry door (the curtains are the one touch of frill at this point).


A view of the "addition" we rehabed to make part of the room.
Here, Mike added a closet so we have his and hers.
You can't walk in, but still. . .






Far right corner: my "reading nook".

 
Far left corner: my vanity.


All that work and who seems to be benefiting the most? Sorry, Mike but I think I'll love all of my new "spots"! I can't wait toget it decorated and show you all the projects that have gone into the decor! Not nearly as difficult as the work Mike has done. . . but more fun and interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Tools of the trade on the vanity:

    Drill Bits
    Shims
    Blue Sheetrock Tape
    Screwdriver

    What else does a woman need?

    ReplyDelete