Background

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pupdate: Bike Oops!

With all of the nursery projects, the bedroom re-do and vacation, the dogs haven't gotten much love on the blog lately. Just to show you that they're still getting attention and affection at home, I have pictorial proof of our latest summer adventure as a family including our four-legged kiddos! They're from a recent bike ride in the neighborhood (before the sweltering heat indeces kicked in mind you).

Tucker has had more experience than Lily being bike-side being that we got Lily after we were in CF with much busier trails than when we lived in smalltown, Iowa. I thought it was time to introduce her. Night one was awesome. She loved it so much, she pulled me along for a portion of the trip. Night two did not fare as well when we came across two other dogs. As I made a hasty and regrettable decision to pick her up and ride rather than walk my bike, my one-handed steering failed me when she tried to flee my arms half a block later. I fell and the bike came tumbling down upon me. A few scrapes and bruises ensued. . .

Just one of several more bruises that were realized as they blackened by the next morning!


The palm of my hand from catching myself-oops!
Even Lily had a little injury I've been boiling out with peroxide.

We've yet to get back on the bikes. We will, but I think I'll be walking her in case of another dog encounter. It was pretty embarassing, scary, and painful to pick myself up from that tumble with my pregnant belly. Shameful! I'll be more cautious next time I PROMISE! He's moving plenty (especially when I'm trying to sleep) so we're sure he's fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment