Background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

28 Weeks & Nesting

Here we are at 28 weeks. It doesn't feel like it's getting close but the next post at 32 weeks will leave us with a single digit countdown. We haven't especially started counting down. We have started preparing. Other than the obvious nursery preparation, I've begun to clean out closets and look for ways to re-organize the little storage we have in the house to make way for baby things. 

He'll need a portion of the kitchen for bottle storage and, soon thereafter, baby food. There will be toys (all of which appear too large to fit in a storage closet dang it) and clothes that don't fit yet and then those clothes will need saved and stored in case Baby #2 is a boy too. . . The list goes on. Needless to say, I'm nesting. I'm not sure it's just started because I don't think I've stopped since owning a home of our own. I am looking forward to the time when nesting drives me to deep cleaning because that urge has yet to set in and it is becoming obvious. . . Maybe that's the bug Mike will eventually get!

Also, at 28 weeks, it's pretty obvious we're expecting. . . 

The bump is in full swing. The sleeplessness is back and I would love to afford myself a massage every single week. Bending over is becoming more difficult and cramping has amped up in my legs and tummy. Let's see, what else have people asked? My belly button hasn't popped yet. I'm wearing mostly maternity clothes. No stretchmarks. . . yet. Yes, I'm using cocoa butter daily and no, I'm still not very good at taking my prenatal vitamins. Good thing I eat well! Baby has been measuring right on track to date and we'll find out this week about the gestational diabetes: I get to do the fun glucose test on Thursday!

Reality hasn't set in completely yet. It's funny, even when you do this on purpose, you still have to admit you have no idea what you're in for. So here's my confession: "I have no idea what I'm doing!" Lord help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment