Background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

36 Weeks: Ready or Not!



We're down to less than a month (we hope). The question we get the most: are you ready? What a loaded question! I feel pressured to say "yes", of course, but I'm not sure first-time parents can ever declare their readiness. So, instead, my response is often: Ready or not. . .  

There are some readiness factors I certainly need to get on. I should probably start with packing a hospital bag, follow that with getting my daily logs ready (tracking feedings, stools, etcetera), then get the cloth diapers pre-washed per instructions, stock the nursery (which will benefit from unpacking the shower gifts), and narrow down the necessity list (which was also benefited from my showers)! Even with a to-do list left, I feel better prepared to take this on because of the two leading men in my life!

My hubby and my Lord will be essential and I'm fully aware of that! I'm so grateful to have them and to know they're paired up too! Of all the things I've yet to prepare, essential on my to do list is to help my husband feel prepared as well. While assembling the baby stuff we've been blessed with by others may help, and his new copy of Show Dad How will likely prove useful, I want to be sure he knows he's supported and believed in.

For Mike. . . 


You'll be great, Dad. I just know it. And we haven't even met.
God told me to tell you that you've got nothing to fret.
He said you have a big job but you're just the guy to do it
and He trusts that you know He's there to help you through it.
I'm told it's hard work to raise a boy like me
and men get really nervous when they're fathers-to-be.
I hear this is the hardest job you'll ever sign up for,
so I'm glad we both have Mom for her love and support.
The good news is you'll love me, so how hard can it be
to make sure I feel your love and take on the name "Daddy"?
It sounds like lots of work and not just time for play
as you raise me from boy to man and teach me all His ways.
I know you'll do your best, Dad, and that's all I can ask for.
You're my father here on earth before we're back with God once more.
As my provider and protector, I know you want what's best,
so you'll praise & protect me and remind me I am blessed.
See, Mom tells me I'm lucky to have a dad like you.
You're exactly what she prayed for and God's rooting for us too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment