Background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Love & Marriage. . . AND Parenting!?!?!

From bouquet to baby:
I've been told a few things about my marriage from people very close & important to me. Two in particular have stuck with me in the few years we've been at it. One was when a friend told me how surprised she and her husband are that we are doing "so well". Surprised? Hmm. . . Wait-it gets better. We were a pretty quick engagement after a relatively rocky start in a relationship that didn't look exactly like the ones we had had previously. Thus, I was made aware my friends were skeptical from the beginning. I had always had the suspicion but this was confirmation. I wasn't offended; just proud. She wasn't insulting; just congratulatory. So, thank you and we hope to keep surprising you and others for years!

The second comment that stuck with me came from within my family. I was told that this person believes what makes our marriage so special is that we both obviously feel like we're lucky to have the other; like we've won the lottery; and that we both think we hardly deserve the other. This was a pretty powerful compliment and I've seen it play out over and over. No matter how many "fights" take place, we both value the other and take time to recognize our contributions to our partnership and to each other's individual lives. This continues to remind us how "lucky" and blessed we are strengthening our marriage when we need it most.

I'm guessing we will be needing it most in the weeks to come. We're pretty good at love, getting better all the time at marriage and, now, we're taking on the challenge of parenting. There's no doubt this rewarding time will come with challenges we cannot begin to name right now. Thank goodness we have each other, supportive family and friends, and the grace of God to turn to! We'll need them ALL now more than ever. . . there, I admitted it-I can NOT do all things through my power alone. We can NOT do all things on our own. Thanks in advance for all the love and patience that will be afforded to us as we start our family!

A woman's heart plans her way, but the Lord directs her steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

  1. Love you Breezy!!! I wish we could be down there to see the new lil one!!! Love and cherish these moments they go fast. Jordyn is almost 11 already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True - so true Brianna, Dan and I have a similar circumstance where we both feel lucky to have one another. I'm so excited for you to start this new challenge! I'm sure the baby will be ADORBALE. :)

    ReplyDelete