Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recipes to Share: Easy Chicken Ramen Bake (Beyond your college Ramen)

At a million months pregnant, you'd think I'd stop cooking. . . or, at least, caring about what gets cooked. However, I seem to be cooking even more. Can't sleep? Oh, I'll just get up and make french texas toast and bacon to wake Mike up to-that sounds like an idea!

I have been trying to do things a bit easier though, I must admit and my brain doesn't think all that creatively these days either (if at all). I was pretty proud when I came up with this little hubby-pleaser with easy staples from my freezer and cupboards:

3 pkgs Ramen Noodles-chicken flavor
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Milk (fill the soup can after emptied)
Dark meat (maybe a pound), heated and fully cooked
-I typically have this on hand from my baby fryer chickens I cook in the crock with known intention for the white meat and the dark meat just neglected in my freezer waiting to have its flavor somewhat masked in a baked dish.

Cook the ramen according to instructions and strain. Add flavor packets.

Put in baking dish mixed with chicken and soup/milk mixture.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes to set.

Serve with biscuits and a quick veggie for an easy quick meal that will give you a slight college flashback!

No comments:

Post a Comment