Background

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thrifty Treasure: The Before

One advantage to posting all your projects is that your friends quickly get to know your "style". Then, when they find deals they'd love but just don't fit in their own house, they clue you in. Thank you to my friend Michelle for this thrifty find. Can I use it as is? Probably not, but. . . who can pass this up? Thus, here's the "before" and I'll clue you in as to what it becomes "after" whatever we decide to do. . .
All 6' plus of this for just $20 and it goes to the church fundraiser? Sure!


Look at this detail. Hmm. . . think it's magnetic?


Clearly, many of my friends and family feel they've gotten to know my "style". Another blog I follow, Living with Lindsay linked to your right, has been talking about defining your eclectic style. I don't know how to exactly title mine. I definitely have Traditional elements so that's a given. I wouldn't call my "old" stuff Vintage in that it's mostly meant to look old while not always being old so it doesn't classify as Antique either. I'd call the draw to the old look Shabby as Rustic sounds too rough to qualify, so Shabby it is. What's my third style? Any ideas? Perhaps you'll do better at naming it than I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment