Background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bow Tie Birthday Cake

For Little Man's Mustache Bash, we used mustaches as well as bow ties to represent, well, big men in a smaller version. One way I tied in the theme was with a bow tie cake. I made a large one to share and a mini one for Garrett's smash cake! See below:

One 8-inch square cake was cut diagonally and then a mini cake was put in the middle. Mine is square from my Pampered Chef brownie pan but a round cupcake would work too. Once frosted, the side frosting of the center piece will hold it all together. Of course, frosting the cakey sides is a pain so coat it on thick in those two areas!

The reason I used the brownie pan was to make G's mini cake. I cut the rectangle mini cake diagonally and then cut the center out of another mini cake to be the middle piece.  The frosted result looked like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment