Background

Monday, February 21, 2011

Pupdate: Where do dogs come from?

I already know from the world of aunthood that parents anticipate the question, "Where do babies come from?". However, I am guessing that those who are blessed to be in a home like ours (where our future children will be the supposed siblings of our first two four-legged kids), they are also bound to ask, "Where do dogs come from?". I have my answer. It's very much the same as the answer to the first question too.

Dogs come from God. They come from shelters. They come from the store, the pet hospital, and the country roadside.They come from families who couldn't or wouldn't care for them. They come from people who brought them to earth on purpose and others who brought them here by accident. They come from the same miracle by which all of us do. They come to be loved, and wish to be part of a family.  They come ready to love, serve, and be loyal. They come from everywhere!

Dogs come from as many places as children do. Some become our pets by accident and some are intentional family members. Dog is God spelled backward. Do you think that's an accident? No matter where your dog comes from, I hope you make it home at your house with time for your friend and appreciation for all the good they have to offer (along with patience for their "quirks"). My dogs came from shelters. I have no idea how I got a matching set with adoptions a year apart. I rescued them and they show their appreciation with more love than I could have asked for. Love your dog and she'll return the favor. God will appreciate it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment