Background

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day: A Family Affair!

Every year, this holiday comes. Many let it pass unrecognized, some dread the day entirely, and others find it a great excuse to go over-the-top in proclaiming love for their special someone. This year, I celebrated the special someones in my life. While my husband and I double dated all weekend and opened each other's cards while laying in sweats the eveing prior to Valentine's Day, I also celebrated with family!

We always join over food so why would this day be any different? So, Miss Libby and I played chef while constructing heart-shaped pizzas for our lunch. A cookie-cutter obviously helped the project meet success. The scraps of dough, we rolled together to be the crust for the big pizza made in the heart-shaped pan seen below. We topped them with favorites (which involves pineapple in this family) and baked them to perfection! 
Voila!

To work off our lunch, we had plenty of activity time in the basement with Dance Central on the Xbox Kinect. Everyone took a turn except Uncle Mike who was too afraid we'd all show him up I'm sure. Libby took the camera to get shots from her 3 foot view.



Needless to say, we all had a blast. Taking breaks from dancing included making homemade Valentines and a timeout for angel food cake. By the time we were done celebrating each other, we were exhausted. I'm certain we all either napped that evening or went to bed early.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends and family! I hope you celebrate the love you have in your life and all the people (and four-legged companions) it comes from!

No comments:

Post a Comment