Background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Decker: Week 10!

It seems like we just found out we're being blessed with a baby of our very own and, now, we're 10 weeks in already! 10 weeks means we're 1/4 of the way to baby! We're only 10 more weeks from finding out if we get a Lily or a Tucker! And we're less than 7 months from tangible parenthood! :)

To date, I can't complain much! Fatigue has been the worst of it combined with sleeplessness. Sounds like a pretty good combo, right? I've yet to suffer from the dreaded "morning sickness" any time of day. I have my nauseous spells and food aversions but I combat it with frequent meals and healthy snacks that are appealing to me and the baby!

Mike is enjoying this relaxed version of his wife! I do more R&R and he sees more of my face than he has in our entire three years of marriage. (Not that my face is so fun to look at right now-Thank you Hormones!) Unfortunately, you'll be able to tell I've conceded to down time if you come to the house. There's dust lingering in places it never survived a weekend before! Priorities are aligning, I guess! We're enjoying making planstoo; well, some of them. Maternity leave, daycare, & the typical headaches still have kinks to work out.

Baby names are almost decided. First names are solid and we're settling on middle name combinations now. Pretty soon this kid will have a sex and a name to go along with it. I'll be twenty weeks the week of my birthday. I'm looking forward to fnding out boy or girl as an awesome 26th birthday present!

I'm gathering book recommendations, hand-me-down maternity clothes and advice from friends and family. It makes it a bit more realistic but a true bump will certainly be a reality check. None to share yet. I'm actually down from my pre-pregnancy weight so this kid must be taking in everything I shove down my throat every couple hours! I know that trend will change as clothes are starting to fit more tightly. We'll see if I post a picture or not. . .

Feel free to pass along any recommendations you have. :)

1 comment:

  1. Take those maternity pictures throughout your pregnancy, even if they may become not so flattering as you grow, and grow, and grow....
    You may be surprised at how much your body has changed even now compared to your first picture. It has even been fun for me to go back and flip through them and see how big my baby boy has gotten!
    I unfortunately one of those children who has never seen a pregnant picture of my mother -oh wait, not true, their wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete