Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

12 Weeks: True Confessions of the Pregnant Woman

12 weeks in, I've got to say. . . I need to come clean!

I sometimes forget my prenatal vitamins but rarely forget 12-16 starbursts can make up my "300 extra calories" per day.

I actually enjoy my little bump but I know that will change when I can see it's bigger than my girls.

I am super duper tired but actually enjoy sitting down after dinner for the rest of the night.

I do cry more readily but usually about tv more than real life.

It does bug me when someone says
a) "you don't look pregnant" or
b) "aren't you too young to be pregnant?"
because . . .
a) although this bump is tiny, it is NOT what I looked like 12 weeks ago and b) if I'm old enough to be married which is visibly clear to you, then I am certainly old enough to start a family, right?!?!?


I read more about pregnancy before I was pregnant than I care to indulge in now.

I have been so luckily asymptomatic that I sometimes feel like peeing on another stick just to be sure.

Truest confession so far: I have been so lucky in this pregnancy so far that I can't decide if it makes me want to do it over again all the more or if it makes me fearful that I'll get an extremely difficult pregnancy if I risk it for a second round.

Second truest confession so far: I actually vocalized (and now published) the idea of using my dogs' names as middle names for my children since the children are more likely to outlive the dogs than vice-versa. I was told by the few people I shared the idea with that it was both wrong and creepy. Too bad. I think Tucker and Lily are adorable middle names!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Your little baby belly is very cute! Even when it gets bigger you'll love it. At least I did because you know there's a sweet little person in there! Plus you get to wear cute clothes.

    2) Wait until you're holding that little bundle of joy a few weeks after giving birth to decide whether or not to do it all over again. I bounced back and forth a lot but once I had him in my arms I knew we'd DEFINITELY be taking another go at it.

    3) Don't stress too much about your vitamins. Just try to remember and do the best you can. I forgot sometimes, too, and Owen is beautiful and healthy.

    4) You can name your babies whatever you want! I love the name Lily.

    5) I used to feel the same way...I wanted to take a pregnancy test every week just make sure everything was going okay in there. But soon enough you'll feel those amazing little nudges and feel much better.

    6) SUPER congratulations again. You look so beautiful and I know you'll be the coolest mom around. :)

    ReplyDelete