Background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vintage Revivals Epic Room Makeover Entry!

This lazy prego is finally working on a post that could lead to an amazing reward! I follow a blog you all should too (notice it's linked over to your right): Vintage Revivals! And. . . Mandi is the bomb! She's inspiring and frugal and keeps her family in mind while she's become a blogging sensation. She has now started a contest for an Epic Makeover Giveaway! I WANT HER IN IOWA! Luckily, it's in June so she'll get. . . 
AN IOWA SUMMER


AND NOT AN IOWA WINTER!
The room I want redone is what we call "the purple room". It's not the guest room, anyone's bedroom and has not been touched since we moved in last summer. So, it remains the room it was when we moved in: someone else's! I want it to be the PLAYROOM! (All of you who will be voting are thinking "OMG, a playroom!" I know). We are expecting our first bundle of joy in October. 


Yes, we're planning way ahead BUT. . . we host lots of our family functions and have a niece and nephew that would love more entertainment and play space while they are here (especially while Baby Decker takes time and attention). So. . . here it is:
The beadbaord adds a charm I love but this needs to be a bit more contemporary and funky while remaining gender neutral so all are comfortable playing inside. Take out the bed and picture a craft table, storage, and PLEASE picture some creative rehab for these hideous mirrored closet doors. There also must be a place for a TV and room for the bassinet to stay from time to time. We spend lots of time in our family room and would love to have a quiet space to put baby to sleep when the need arises (and the others aren't playing).

One thing Mandi is great at is taking old crap and making it new again. To furnish this playroom, I've got lots of thrift store finds and incomplete projects as well as some really nice stuff that we just don't have the same use for any longer. (Her mouth is watering as she reads this). So, to up my offer and give her an added incentive to choose my room for this amazing opportunity at an epic makeover and grown-up sleepover, check out this smorgasbord:
 A: An old dresser that I would love to see remain for storing crayons, coloring books, and whatever other small crap I can keep out of sight but readily available. ($30)

B: This is really cool. It was an antique desk I got for $10. I asked my hubby to increase its height and add shelves and doors to be used as a changing table. Well, it never got done (but really close, Honey) and will now be replaced by an old dresser that fits better in our new yet-to-be-completed nursery.

C: This is the top cabinet to a hutch for which the bottom is unavailable. It could be used for something right? Maybe not, but it's here . . . 

D: Actually, this is a very nice glass top coffee table but we have no use for it in our current place. I thought we could get pretty creative in using it as the base of the kiddie craft table.

E: Another optional piece to give or take-our old nightstand.

Clearly, with all of this lovely unused furniture to use in filling the small space we have to epically transform, we may just have money left over. I know Mandi and I are both pretty fabulously frugal, so there just may be a small amount left to address this drab room next door to the will-be-playroom. Ya think? If not, so be it. 



So, I could play the pregnant card. Oh wait, I did that with the ultrasound pic.
And I could use my cooking and cozy guest suite as bait. Yes, you can check out recipes and my guest room makeover in past posts.
I could also tug at your heartstrings with pics of my adorable dogs whose tails are seen in most of these pics as they're under foot 24/7.
I could play up the fact that I'm an uber fan of Vintage Revivals and read all the present posts and even search posts past when looking for inspiration.
Or, I could give you the honest truth. I LOVE YOUR GUTS MANDI! And I need your help as I take on the nursery in the next few months and my hubby works his heart out on this master reno which will eventually be where our bed is. . . not in my will-be-playroom. I can't transform this myself, so I need his help:


Bring your epic fantasticness and your sister and buy a ticket into Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, or Des Moines. I'll pick you up from any of the above! I promise I'll be agile enough to help out in June. Oh yeah, AND my birthday is in June AND we find out the sex of Baby Decker in June AND you'd love to be around for all the festivities, right?

Voting is now open BRIEFLY. Go to Vintage Revivals and Vote for my entry: #63 The Iowa Playroom Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! What a fun place to decorate!! I love it and you are the cutest ever! Thanks for linking up and good luck my dear!!

    Love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that you are already offering up specific pieces to Mandi. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete