Background

Friday, April 15, 2011

Nursery Jones

I am jonesing to work on our nursery. Too bad it's another 8 weeks until we find out if I should be going floral and feminine or masculine and marvelous. There are a couple things that are certain. One, I can't go too gender-specific. Why? Our house has two bedrooms up (now that we're renovating our master from two tiny rooms into one sweet suite). As such, we will have both eventual babies share a room until we're all comfortable with them living in the basement bedroom. Two, It's going to have to mesh with the base colors we've already started. "What? You've already started the nursery?" Oh dear. . . this can't actually surprise you.

Here are some photos of the "Before" Nursery. It's not all that before because we've already demoed the horror that was left in this room by the last owners, painted the walls, the door, the trim and put in shelves. Not to mention, my rocking chair project and a cradle already adorns this baby space.


So, oak it is as you can tell. We'll attach the changing table to this dresser. See the firehouse on the dresser? It says "Decker" on it. I love this piece. It's a little bit of Daddy in the room good for boy or girl. The pic-yes, it's Mommy and Daddy kissing just waiting to be surrounded by the baby pics in the frames on either side. The sign: "Dream". What esle above the crib, right? The valances. . . may not stay as is. Wait til you see my inspiration pics to guess the change they may undergo! The green bedding is adorable but I may fem it up a bit for a girl. More clues on that in my inspiration pics too!

The shelves existed in multitudes screwed into the wall: damaged, unclean and ugly from the old owners. We removed them all, spackled the crap out of the wall they once graced, and renewed this portion to adorn this small corner of the room making it useful space. For now, it stores the randomly purchased stuff that may or may not call the nursery home in a few months. The tiny door is an indiciation of the closet we'll be working with. That tells you why there will be a dresser for each baby, huh?

Love my rocker? Me too. A previous post tells you what a steal and project it was. I can't wait to use it! The lamp-$40! The shade may get a little rehab depending on the time and ideas I have in the next few months. The red stool and pillow you see are the start of my intended accent color no matter what the sex. Finally, how much do you love the big brown stripe? I love it a lot! It was not an easy task for Mike to tape off with a 60-year-old house that is not exactly level but the line is straight! It's 16 inches-plenty of space for hanging things at a height which is still out of reach next to the crib for now. This is my "blank slate" Not so blank but not nearly as spicy as the final afters are bound to be in this house! :)
So, this is before I really get to have fun. It will change. I have so many ideas and have found inspirations worth posting. I'll post each project as it takes place. There are so many to look forward to. As a foreshadowing to really get your suspense building, here are some pictures of my inspiration pieces. This DIY diva cannot wait to start personalizing the future home of my first precious prince or princess from God!


No longer available for purchase. . . what's a girl to do?

Hint: It won't look like this if it gets done here but it will be naturally glam!

Doesn't fit in? Tell me about it. There is just ONE feature in this room I want to replicate. You'll see. . .


Notice how many inspiration pieces scream "It's a GIRL!"? Well, we have no idea. I have more ideas for a boy too but they have never been done before. HA! Well, that must be true or why else can't I find any inspiration pictures.

Okay June. . . hurry up and tell me what projects I can start on. Is it a Tucker or a Lily? Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment