Background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Deviled Eggs

Who decided to call these things deviled eggs? They are, after all, almost heavenly. In an effort to spice up the deviled eggs we all love so much, I added some extra ingredients this year. We all love some mustard and mayo mixed with the hard-boiled egg yokes, but I wanted them a bit creamier and with added taste with no added crunch (I just hate it when they have pickle relish). So, I added a bit of sour cream to the mix along with some dill weed and celery seed for a little more kick. They were creamy and delicious especially once sprinkled with some paprika for even more color and variety. The best way I've found to fill the fragile whites: my cookie baller! You scoop out the mix and just drop it in place with no handling of the white itself, scraping a spoon with your finger, breaking the white at its thinnest point, etcetera. Little mess, big reward!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment