Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How I Met My Husband

I was re-dating. You know. . . re-dating. It's the term for dating an ex AGAIN. It was a bad habit in my pre-married life. Nonetheless, without that habit, I may not have met Mike.

I was waiting for my ex (and current dating friend) to get ready for dinner when Mike showed up to his apartment. The roommate he was friends with was gone so he was stuck with me. He tried to play his video game in silence while he waited but he didn't stand a chance at that with me. Small talk was cut short by his friend's arrival and off I went on my date.

Encounter number 2: A group of us including my dating friend were in the hot tub at the apartment complex when Mike and his friend were headed to the gym. I instantly suggested he wrap up his workout by joining us and the discomfort came across his face plain as day. He never made it. I think I scared him.

A couple weeks later, I'd moved to Ames for graduate school and had called it quits on another attempt at re-dating. Mike struck up conversation via facebook (I know. . . how romantic). Soon after ensuring I was actually responsive, he called. A three-hour first phone call led to a nightly routine for 2 weeks before we ever got together in person. I won't tell you the first date story as it's not anything you'd expect to lead to and then we were married. 

So, in a way, this was the first time re-dating actually worked for me! Did any of you go with re-dating (or do you still)? Hopefully, it will lead to Mr. Right in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment