Background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Recipe: Tomato Pasta Salad

It's that time of year when the women supposedly get a break from "cooking" because men have fired up the grill. However, all the prep work, defrosting, and side dishes still fall on me so I'm not sure where the break truly comes in. Speaking of side dishes, I have a new one. We had friends over last weekend and I didn't have all the fixin's of maccaroni salad like I thought, but I di have. . .

Tomato Pasta Salad

Ingredients
1 lb Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
1 can fire-roatsed tomatoes (mostly drained)
8-10 oz. Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette (Kraft)
1 cup garlic croutons crushed (I actually used garlic parmesan pretzels this time)
Dusting of grated parmesan cheese

Boil pasta until tender. Then, add all other ingredients until well mixed. Chill before serving. Voila!

I reminded myself that if everyone hated it, it was okay because experimentation is a risk worth taking with food from time to time. It was a hit so make a smash at your next get together. Oh, and I'd love to add a jar of sun-dried tomoatoes instead but I'm probably too cheap for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment