Background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Recipes to Share:Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken and Wraps

Another crock pot recipe to save my life! The dinner recipe is easy:

4-6 chicken breasts, thawed
1 bottle of hawaiian bbq sauce (Target: Archer Farms)
1 can crushed pineapple

Place chicken in the bottom of your crock, cover with the other ingredients and cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with what?

I chose sweet rice and broccoli.
I threw my steam in a bag whole wheat rice in the stove and steam in a bag broccoli in the microwave. When the rice was tender, I seasoned it with a teaspoon or two of cinnamon and a tablespoon each: brown sugar and margarine.

Cooking for two, I had LOTS of leftovers. What to do. . .
Shred the chicken adding some of the sauce to taste. Chop and stir fry a green pepper to crisp-tender. Combine with heated chicken mixture, wrap in tortillas, and serve with chips and fruit for a fast lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment