Background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A whole new world. . .

It didn't exactly start with a magic carpet ride, but I'm in a whole new world: the world of parenthood!

Though there wasn't a magic carpet, there was definitely magic when he arrived on October 25th, 2011! At 12:21 pm, our little turkey came into the world at 7 pounds 5.4 ounces and 19.5 inches long. He went from Daddy's grasp to Mommy's arms and filled us with the magical love we had expected. 



Then, they even let us bring him home! The dogs are enjoying him; Tucker more than Lily. We're trying to remember to take time to give them love too. . . Must not be doing too bad since they still want to snuggle into bed with us!


Daddy's favorite time is cuddle time, but he's been awesome for diaper and burpy time too!


Mommy's favorite times are "wakey time" and feedings. I love to chat, read, and sing to him with those open eyes! And feedings. . . how could you ever get any closer? It's like I'm literally watching him grow! 

All of these times have had competition in the first week. 
Visit time. . . pretty routine but slowing down (if you weren't welcome when asking, I'd tell you!)
Shopping time. . . yes, he's been on a two hour shopping trip already.
Restaraunt time. . . he has already had a meal at Mulligan's.
Appointment time. . . his newborn appointment found him doing well & already back to 7 pounds!
Grocery time in the sling- Daddy and I divided and conquered and cut our shopping trip down to about an hour (though the bill itself went up)!
Snuggled in his Seven Sling

I know I'm a mommy not only because of the lack of sleep and abundance of love I feel for Dad and Garrett, but also because. . . 
I've already nursed in the backseat of the car and at a restaurant while still managing to eat.
I've cried at the little things (like just telling him he's beautiful).
I've combined my purse and diaper bag into just one carry-on.
I felt like a complete idiot at my first mommy blunder-swaddlers in a car seat just doesn't seem safe!
I get excited about burps, poop, and pee and track it in a notebook.

I'm in love with Mike even more now than the day I married him. This lucky lady is blessed beyond belief and I'll share such blessings with you through this outlet. Just expect less frequency as I'm trying to soak him up every chance I get!



1 comment:

  1. In our busy lives, we sometime forget about what a miracle each day truly is. Garrett reminds us of that.

    ReplyDelete